Saturday, May 7, 2011

Top 5 Bands I want to see before I die


I've always been a pretty major fan of music. It's constantly playing, and I'm constantly talking about it, and people are constantly getting sick of me spouting random facts about the song that's playing. I'm also constantly making lists and asking others to make lists -- so this is where I'm putting them now. Starting with the Top 5 Bands to see before I die, dead or alive.

5. DEFTONES


First heard Deftones when I was 15. I was big on Tool at the time and I'd heard that Maynard James Keenan had done guest vocals on their White Pony album, so I went out and bought it... fell in love with it that day. After that I bought Around the Fur and fell in love even harder. They played at Big Day Out this year and I kick myself occasionally for not going. But if I'm going to see Deftones, I want to JUST see Deftones. Not Deftones with some other bands that aren't as fantastic but I still had to pay for. In the sun. Surrounded by people who smell. It's not for me.

4. LED ZEPPELIN



This is kind of a given. It's got to be done. Got to be seen.

3. JEFF BUCKLEY


There are not enough words for me to express exactly how much I love Jeff Buckley. Ahhhh... His voice is so sombre and powerful, and his lyrics are poetic, and he looks like James Franco, and he's Jeff BUCKLEY. First heard him when I was 16, only heard 2 or 3 of his songs but they made a bit of an impression. Now he's one of my favourites. I would go so far as to say that I love him.

2. THE DOORS

 

There is nothing quite like The Doors blaring through good speakers while lying on a couch smoking a cigarette. I imagine seeing them live would be that experience multiplied by about fourteen million. It'd be ear sex. But the good kind.

1. ALICE IN CHAINS



All time favourite band. I would do almost anything to see Alice in Chains with Layne Staley and Mike Starr. I would settle for William DuVall. But I would make at least 3 comparisons, and all of them would be bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment